The Birmingham Historical Society is a private, non-profit
educational institution established in 1942.
contribute to the quality of life in Birmingham by preserving,
learning from, and celebrating its past while helping to
shape its future.
- Encourage understanding and appreciation of Birmingham's
cultural, economic and physical heritage by individuals,
agencies and organizations.
- Research and interpret the history of Birmingham and its
- Provide strong heritage education programs for children
- Initiate and support the preservation of our historic
- Help shape the city's future development.
- Develop the Society as an institution.
- Annual reports from 1998 forward are available.